Sunday, December 04, 2005

What a Sap...

WARNING: I AM SPEAKING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF MUSHY-MOVIE AFTER EFFECT

I just finished the third of a series of movies purely based on love and I must say I have become a sap for it.

One movie was called the notebook. As most of you must know its about how a young summer fling turns out to be true love, the stuff legend is made of. The movie basically details how they end up together and how evn after years of absence and when they see each other again the love is rekindled almost instantly. An years later when they are old, how the guy is so faithful and in love with his wife that, although the wife seems to have some type of alzeihmers, he reminds her every moment he can of what they had together.

The other movie I saw was 50 first dates. I expected to be a typical sandler movie full of goofy humour and typical movie love. But it turned out to be pretty exhilarating to watch how a guy who falls in love with a girl who has no short term memory thus she can't remember him. So instead of giving up he finds new ways to make her fall in love with him everyday. He sacrifices all his time and dreams to be with her and in the end realizes his dreams are nothing without her in them.

Watching these obviously sappy and somewhat overly mushy movies has brought out the sap in me. The completely useless hopelessly romantic part of me which endures to make all those dreams that the movies spoke about to reality. Many would look at what I am thinking right now and say, as a pure reflex, "what a girl". I would have to agree. The sappy state that my mind is in right now, if a girl happens to catch my fancy, I would prolly take her out to the banks of the river, have a quiet picnic set up and even have a violinist play a tune while we dine. Of course I realize this would prolly make me broke for the next two months, but in this state of mind I wouldn't care tupence about my well being.

I just read what I wrote and I think I'm going nuts. What the hell!! Who would think like that after watching 3 love stories. I mean really. Get to grips with reality I say(telling myself).

One thing I do know for sure, if and when I get the chance or opportunity to show my affection/love to a person whomever it may be, I would try to make it as amazing as I could possibly make it. Yea...and the whole ultra cliche riding of into the sunset is running in my head over and over and over again. In fact, I can't seem to get out of it!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Your eyes are like daisies on a sunny sunday morning, just smiling without a care in the world...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!....

I should be shot right now...don't you think??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home