Monday, November 28, 2005

If there is no trust, there can't be much else

What has happened to trusting people? Has everyone forgotten about it?

Let me tell you what I think trust is. It is listening to someone and keeping it your own because it was meant for you and no other. Trust is being able to look at someone and know that they would never intentionaly to any wrong to you. And most of all trust is asking someone a question and believing the answer they give you.

What really grinds my gears is that when I tell someone "its safe with me", the other assumes that somehow translates to the exact opposite. When I say I won;t tell anyone anything you trust with me that does not mean I am going to the New york times and publishing an article on what you said. If I tell you something didn;t happen, it does not mean it did.

What is anything without trust. Relationships are based on trust. Companies are based on trust. Governments are based on trust. However that does not mean you should be naive to the black sheep among the herd. But that also should not mean that you can't trust anyone.

If you don't trust anyone, nobody will trust you. That is something that is going to hold you back in the professional arena as well as personal life.

I give my trust freely and with no holds barred. I also protect trust like a mother with her new born. And to think I would break such a trust to me is one of the worst things to do. To break the trust I place in whoever is the greatest wrong you can do to me. But here I go, giving you my trust all over again, no holds barred. You may have broken my trust but I give it to you again and again, only hoping that you learn to keep it safe instead of throw it out the first chance you get.

I just hope that in the end everyone achieves what they want to achieve whether it be with me around or not. But trust people. For without trust, you will never know how beautiful life can be.

If there is no trust, there can't be much else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home